Tractive Power’s TP56 Industrial Locomotive Overview
Our slogan is
“It is Simple … and it Works”
Tractive Power Corporation is a developer and manufacturer of industrial switching rail products and technology.
Tractive Power’s initial product is the ‘TP56’, an industrial locomotive for switching and moving railcars within industrial facilities. It addresses the needs of the industrial user in many ways and boasts these advantages over RailCar Movers:
• Better, more robust performance;
• Lower maintenance costs and shorter waiting time for replacement parts;
• More tractive effort with less horsepower; and
• Better fuel efficiency and lower emissions.
Unlike our competitors, the Tractive Power spotter locomotive is manufactured with existing locomotive and quality engine components rather than agricultural or highway truck technologies. Tractive Power will work with you during the design phase of your model of choice offering a custom tailored solution for your switching needs. With the use of “Steel on Steel”, Tractive Power models offers greater adhesion than typical Rail Car Movers. TheTractive Power models use existing and proven technologies and components, making it highly serviceable by any skilled locomotive mechanic.
Another important feature of the TP56 is that it is “jackable” allowing the unit to be serviced in the field or at the local shop. Other features include:
- Our Tractive Power models use readily available components that do not have a long lead time for ordering, as can be the case for Railcar Movers.
- Our Tractive Power models meet Tier 4 Industrial Standards . It requires 0.5 gal/hr when idling, much less than the 2-4 gal/hr consumed by larger switcher locomotives when idling.
- Our Tractive Power models have a robust electric (not mechanical) powertrain, thereby minimizing shuddering.
- Our Tractive Power models have a full-sized operator’s cab which is customizable with several choices of controls and environment – all designed to simplify operation.
Features & Benefits
The Tractive Power models have numerous benefits over its competitors. Some of the Key Features include:
• Unit is designed using proven technology, so that it is easily serviceable by any skilled person with a general mechanic knowledge.
• The unit is “jackable” to allow for service on the trucks in the yard or shop.
• Designed using standard off the shelf parts that are readily available and do not require long lead time for ordering.
• Lower overall maintenance then standard rail car movers.
• For industrial use Blue Card inspections are not required.
• Requires minimal idling thus reducing overall fuel consumption.
• Designed with a full size cab and standard controls.
• Large capacity fuel tank requiring less frequency for refilling.
• Automated Sanding feature when additional tractive effort required in inclement weather.
The Tractive Power models are competitively priced and Tractive Power Corporation can offer a long-term leasing and service plan for qualified customers.
With over 300 new movers coming into the North American annually, there is a good market for industrial locomotives. We feel our products will fill a niche, offering low maintenance, low life cycle cost, robustness, and will distinguish itself from its competitors.
Our present product lines focus on industrial applications for the rail industry. We believe that by using serviceable surplus parts from locomotives that would otherwise be discarded; this provides the most cost-effective and environmentally sound solution for both our planet and economic sense for the industry.
Our product(s) have granted patents and patents pending.1
< also see “specifications” page > –